Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hiking for the win!

I had the day off today, and spent the morning sleeping in and reading in bed. It was freezing and overcast outside, so I had no desire to venture out. But during lunch, it cleared up amazingly, and I decided to hike over to the next town and pick up a few little things at the supermarket. Usually, Guillaume takes me with him when he drives over, but he’s been out of town for a few days and we were out of good bread. It takes less than 10 minutes to get there by car, but going uphill by foot is a different story. All I know is that I stepped out the front door at 2:30 and got back at 5:15, with a 20 min stop in the middle for the supermarket. I mapped out the route I took, as you can see below. 11km in total!



Sometimes I can't believe these are real houses.







What's up, horses? Just chillin' out by the ocean, no big deal.



It was a beautiful day with awesome scenery, and getting out of the daily grind popped me out of the homesick rut I’ve been stuck in. I’m getting really close to the end of the internship, and it’s been a great experience. I’m so thankful that I got the chance to come work at these gardens and meet some pretty amazing people. No matter how ready I am to return home to the US, I really am going to miss France. Especially the bakeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment